Recently I was searching through some old journals and found this set of notes. I wish I could identify the author, but I can't identify the event other than by the date and last name. Going through the notes with my Bible open brought the second blessing, which is one good reason to journal.
Notes from a message by Mrs. Waite, February 21, 1986, Connecticut
THINGS CALLED LOVE
Many doctrines and principles are often compromised through what we call “love”. Here are some facets of love we can compare to our own thinking.
1) LOVE IS TRUTH – GOOD NEWS TRUTH AND BAD NEWS TRUTH.
Discerning love is wrapped in wisdom when we speak the truth in love. When we try to speak love in truth without discernment, the receiver of truthful bad news never believes it is truly true.
As humans, we have an inability to understand many different facets of love. The love of God never condones (approves of) what the holiness of God condemns. 1Corinthians 12:24-47.
2) LOVE IS IMMEASURABLE.
3) LOVE IS OBEDIENCE. John 14:15,21,23,24
4) LOVE IS SEPARATION. 2 Corinthians 6:14; Ps 141:4; 2 Corinthians 6:18
5) LOVE IS CHASTENING. Moses in Numbers 20:8 & 11; Moses in Deuteronomy 34:4,5; Hebrews 12:11
6) LOVE IS A DETERMINATION, A WILL-FULL, MIND-FULL, AGAPE LOVE. John 3:16
7) LOVE IS FIDELITY. – FAITHFULNESS to husband, children, marriage Hebrews 13:5; Lamentations 3:2
8) LOVE OF GOD IS A CLOSED DOOR. Acts 16;6-8; Numbers 22:26
Hope this blesses you as it did me.